Saturday, June 13, 2009

March 2009

This was a fun month. Kaden started his tball games. The kids started bonding with their new sister & also worked on finding their new position in the family. Things really seemed to get back to “normal” for us. I love & can't get enough of the new pictures from the first few weeks of life.Vaughn is amazing & can handle all 3 from the get go. They sure do love their daddy.
They feel so important helping out. Sometimes it makes more work for me but I love that they want to be involved.
The kids were thrilled when I introduced bottle feeding. They thought it was so great that they could feed her too. Ashlyn had about a 5 minute attention span. Her strengths are being charming, silly, creative, learing by observation & a real go getter...not holding still for long.
Kaden I think has gotten the most out of the bonding experience with her. He is so incredibly patient with Scarlet & loves to just get in her face & giggle. She's so tiny, cute & has a great demeanor. She is so calm & observant...a very happy baby.
Ashlyn is my most spiritual child only because she is so deep, emotional & sensitive...she really feels it. Kaden is spiritual but has more of a factual, logical approach to religion & is good at memorizing verses & asking questions, etc. I've been going to a MOPS group & Ashlyn has a class there where it reinforces what she learns at home & church. Here she's showing off the rocks that she made...I think it was David & Goliath day if I remember correctly.
Kaden is really taking to sports & the outdoors. He's really into bikes, learning to skateboard & falling off of things lately. Ashlyn's always been into that stuff so she's excited to have her brother accompany her.
These are the Never Ending Tattoos. I told the kids when we put these on not to get attached to them because they were going to come off at bath time. I took this picture right before because I didn't want to hear the tears as to where they went. We scrubbed, & scrubbed...for weeks. Finally I took some baby oil to them but they seriously didn't come off with soap & water...not even a little bit. I think they lasted close to 4 weeks.

2 comments:

Roney Family said...

Those pictures are adorable. You are so lucky to have two big kids that want to help, I know sometimes it makes it hard. At least you know they love her!

Colette said...

You have the cutest kids ever!!