Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 31st

So tonight in my attempt to not "celebrate" halloween, we went to a halloween "alternative" party at our church instead. Somehow I'm not sure how that counts as not celebrating the day but the kids didn't know the difference anyway. They dressed up, played games & ate candy...like most kids do but nothing evil & no trick-or-treating. Beats my first idea of hiding in a closet & pretending the day doesn't exist. So here are the pics to prove that apparently you can have a good time even at an anti-halloween party.

5Spiderman & the Pink Poodle. Kaden refused to wear the mask even though he's put on the costume like 20 times already.

5 This was the perfect costume for Ashlyn because she is so fascinated with dogs & thinks she's one anyway. Everyone thought she was a pink lamb. I was thinking "have you ever seen a pink lamb?"...but then again I've never really seen a pink poodle either.

5 Kaden thoroughly enjoying plunging the balloons into the box game.

5 Daddy & his little girl.

5 What a sticky mess. Since Kaden didn't wear the mask he used it to collect candy.


55 Mother & Daughter, Father & Son...so who looks like who?

2 comments:

Roney Family said...

Looks like the kids had a wonderful time. I love the costumes!

ammonc said...

I have to say your holloween protest was much more appropriate than a person I know who handed out real, juicy pickels to his trick-or-treaters.