Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October 2009

I'm so glad that the fall weather is kicking in. I can't stand the heat & was dying to turn on my oven again. We had lots of fun pumpkin events & here are the highlights:
Vaughn & Kaden at another Dodgers game before it cooled down. Kaden's painful smile shows it was 100 degrees that day. They still loved it of course...especially the playoffs.
My children are precious & I will always remember these as the craziest, busiest & funnest days. They are truly only this small once & it's flying by.
Scarlet is such a light sleeper but this time she's passed out after a jog with her daddy. She kind of looks like a lush the way she's gripping that water bottle.
What can I say about this crazy girl. At 8 months: she is a climber; crawler; stands up very well; loves to shred & eat paper; she has jaws of steel and can tear through almost any packaging with one attempt; she loves to laugh, shriek & scream with delight; she says "dada", "uh oh", "did it" but only says "my mamama" when she's crying or mad; gives kisses when asked; cuddles when we say "ah"; tries to sing when we sing; hates to sleep; and has to be where the action is.
Kaden scored his 1st goal of the season. We were excited & he was jumping up and down.
Kind of ridiculous but none of my kids will walk. They'd rather be all squashed in the stroller than stand on their own 2 feet. Lazy but cute.
The kids made me laugh with all the pumpkin stuff this year. I told Ashlyn that we were going to cut open the top of the pumpkin, take the yucky stuff out & bake the seeds. She pointed to the pumpkin and asked me if there was broccoli or milk inside? Yucky stuff to Ashlyn is Broccoli & Milk. Where does she come up with this stuff?
Pumpkin patch. Scarlet enjoyed the pumpkins but was not overly impressed. The older ones just wanted to enjoy the rides. Could they be outgrowing the simplicity of it already?
Gee, can anyone guess what my kids dressed up as? Scarlet didn't have a choice but you think Ashlyn could have picked anything other than a Star Wars character.

I love trying to get pictures of all 3 of them...this is about as good as it gets. I love the facial expressions, pink sneakers, and the fact that Scarlet actually wore the ears.

Star Wars fans you have to use your imagination for this one but apparently Father & Daughter are the ones that battle in this scene.

Little Yoda. Scarlet was so darn cute but I think people only knew who she was because of her siblings. We had someone think she was Shrek which I thought was pretty funny.

Princess Leia or "Yaya" as Ashlyn calls her. We tried to get her to dress as Padame but she really insisted on this one. The shooter gun didn't make it out of the house because before we left Ashlyn hid it in one of her "dark places" as she calls them. She hid it so well that we were a half hour late to our party while looking for it. Too bad I didn't think of looking on the sugar canister in the pantry. She simply amazes me...and confuses me too.

Nothing other than Anakin Skywalker would do. He dresses daily as either a Jedi or Anakin. He specifically asked to wear this particular costume, with his hair a certain way, a braid attached and no glove. It's funny how he has in mind which particular scene he is dressed as. I laughed when his school asked what he wants to be when he grows up and he said "A Jedi".

These definitely are the days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my kids!

Katie said...

I love it. All of it. The sugar canister? Seriously? Great pictures, we can't wait to see you guys in a few!