Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Wedding Day

I'm excited to announce that my sister & new brother-in-law got married this weekend at a beautiful place called Eucalyptus Lane in Ventura, CA. It was a gorgeous day & the event was wonderful. I'm very happy for them to start their new life & have our families merged together.
Kaden waiting for us girls to get ready.
He made a very precious ring bearer & flower girl I might add. Ashlyn refused to carry the basket so he carried both.
Dan's son Donovan & his brother Jesse. I'm very blessed to have Donovan as my first nephew on my side of the family. He is very kind & a true sweetheart. My children adore him & he's an awesome kid.
Walking the bride down the isle to an instrumental version of "Someday My Prince Will Come". April has long awaited her fairytale wedding & she got it prince & all.
Their wedding vows were beautiful & the ceremony was officiated by a friend.
Me as the Matron of Honor & my children & husband in the background. April & Dan set the bench in the back for the kids but they wouldn't sit there without Vaughn.
Ashlyn, Me & Vaughn. Kaden was playing in the bushes & dirtying his tux as little boys should.
The mother of the bride (my mom) & her other son-in-law (my hubby vaughn).

Flower girl eating a cookie.
Kaden & his favorite drink...lemonade.
Kaden & Jason having a good time. Jason is a long time friend to Vaughn & I, a great friend of the family & was one of the best men in our wedding. As usual he came to the rescue & was a lifesaver at my sister's wedding. Ashlyn playing with a barrel. She still has pneumonia so she wasn't quite herself. Not that it would have changed much but it was sad to see her so ill.
Maybe it's because the cake was so beautiful that I couldn't screw up the photo but don't you think I should be a photographer.
The happy & beautiful bride. I must apologize for the few pics of the bride & groom but wrangling kids & trying to take photos is a tough task. I left the important shots for the photographer & just took a bunch of candids.
My mom's best friend Darlene, me & crying Ashlyn. I've known Darlene my entire life & she's credited with arriving at the hospital before my mom when either my sister or myself was born (I can't remember which). She's been a wonderful friend to the family & a great support system for my mom.
Jason, April & Vaughn...like the good old days!
The newly weds off in their chariot...or shall I say "Tina". Dan is obsessed with his car so in fear of my life, I didn't make any plans on decorating it.

5 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like it was a really nice wedding. Kaden looks SO cute in his tux. And we love that picture of you with the rest of the family in the background. Congratulations April!

Margi said...

What a gorgeous wedding!

Margi said...

Oh. and Alice as been tagged!!

Roney Family said...

How exciting. I love all the pictures. Your family looks awesome. Ashlynn is so adorable and so is Kaden. Love your sister's dress. How exciting for them! Tell her congrats from us!!!

Colette said...

You all look wonderful and you took some beautiful pic's!!