Friday, February 1, 2008

Alice's 30th Birthday

So I joined the 30's club. I can only imagine what the next decade has in store for me. The 20's flew by so fast and were filled with so many BIG events. To celebrate we went to Big Bear for a weekend with our family, my mom, my sister & her fiancé, my soon to be nephew (at least officially), & my uncle (who was really raised more like a brother to me). And besides the kids and I recovering from a terrible flu, we had a blast.

My real birthday (Tuesday) followed with Vaughn leaving town at 6:45am that morning for 4 days; going to Crystal Court at South Coast Plaza with Patience & all her girls; my son throwing a tantrum in Ruby's; Ashlyn getting lost in H&M; and then my sister coming down that night for a take out dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Basilico's.

The following day (Wednesday) we had a playdate at my friend's house where my car battery died. Later that night Ashlyn got her finger crushed in the hinge side of a door.

So by the time Thursday came around I was happy to send Kaden off to school only to take Ashlyn to have x-rays done on her finger. Fortunately Uncle Dan came down to help with the chaos (he's really good at bringing candy for bribery). Nothing's broken just a nasty looking nail. That night I went out to dinner with Vaughn's parents for my birthday only to have Kaden throw another tantrum on the bathroom floor of Souplantation & in the restaurant (he hasn't been quite right since the flu).

Friday I took Kaden to swim & he kept complaining that he was cold and had water in his eyes. After washing his swim trunks I realized that they were completely bleached from the chlorine in the water. Poor guy just didn't use the right words to tell me that he was stinging. I made him go all the way through Costco on fire.

Vaughn came home that night and boy were we glad to see him. The kids are now back to "normal" & life is great. While Vaughn was bathing the kids Kaden out of the blue said that he wanted to be a good boy & that he's not going to cry anymore...Thank God!!! So far he's keeping his side of the bargain as much as can be expected.

So after my long sob story of my birthday week (which really wasn't as bad as it sounded), here's some pictures to lighten things up a bit...


Up the mountain (2 hours from the beach)












Yes folks, there was this much snow in Big Bear













Our little snow bunny


















Our rockstar sledding boy



















The Girls












The Boys












Auntie & Ashlyn...so much alike it's scary












Partners in crime, sharing a moment while eating snow












Ashlyn sat in one spot for well over an hour eating snow...her lips were blue

















Kaden being silly while eating a snow ball

















Mommy and Ashlyn sledding


















Vaughn & Kaden ready to fall off the sled













Our Fam












Group shot (notice Kaden throwing a fit)












My real birthday. Cannoli or tiramisu anyone?













My sis was so sweet to drive from LA, pick up food, and bring me flowers & balloons.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry your birthday was so hectic. It seems like Vaughn is always gone on your birthday, poor girl. April looks so cute in all those pictures, tell her hello for me.

ammonc said...

Wow what a rough week. Big bear sure looked fun - we haven't been sledding in years.

The Bingham Family said...

Happy Birthday Alice! Big Bear looked like a lot of fun!!!! The kids are growing too fast....they are so darn cute!!!! Take care!!!

Colette said...

Sorry this is so far after the fact, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Your trip looked fun!!
I get to celebrate my big 4-0 this year. yea. I hope my birthday week is less exciting than yours! ;P But I, too will probably spend it without my better half, since he and Neisha are now living in Tucson waiting for our house to sell before I can join them.